Teachers' Domain Deed
You are free to download this media resource under the following conditions:
You may not use this media resource for commercial purposes.
You may only use this media resource for learning or teaching in formal or informal educational settings.
No Derivative Works
You may not alter, transform, or build upon this media resource.
You may not redistribute this media resource.
Any of these conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
Your fair use and other rights are in no way affected by the above.
Download: View Only/No Distribution / Non-Commercial / No Derivatives
THE WORK (AS DEFINED BELOW) IS PROVIDED UNDER THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE ("LICENSE"). THE WORK IS PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT AND/OR OTHER APPLICABLE LAW. ANY USE OF THE WORK OTHER THAN AS AUTHORIZED UNDER THIS LICENSE OR COPYRIGHT LAW IS PROHIBITED.
BY EXERCISING ANY RIGHTS TO THE WORK PROVIDED HERE, YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE. THE LICENSOR GRANTS YOU THE RIGHTS DESCRIBED BELOW IN CONSIDERATION OF YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF SUCH TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
- "Collective Work" means a work, such as a periodical issue, anthology, encyclopedia, essay, or presentation in which the Work in its entirety in unmodified form, along with a number of other contributions, constituting separate and independent works in themselves, are assembled into a collective whole. A work that constitutes a Collective Work will not be considered a Derivative Work (as defined below) for the purposes of this License.
- "Derivative Work" means a work based on the Work, or on the Work and other pre-existing works, such as a translation, musical arrangement, dramatization, fictionalization, sound recording, art reproduction, abridgment, condensation, or any other form in which the Work may be recast, transformed, or adapted, except that a Collective Work will not be considered a Derivative Work for the purpose of this License. For the avoidance of doubt, where the Work is a musical composition or sound recording, the synchronization of the Work in timed-relation with a moving image ("synching") will be considered a Derivative Work for the purpose of this License.
- "Educational Purpose(s)" means (i) for the primary purpose of learning or teaching in both formal and informal educational settings, (ii) use by educators or students in classrooms, libraries, schools, and at home, and/or (iii) the presentation of materials to an individual or a group for the purpose of learning or teaching.
- "Licensor" means the WGBH Educational Foundation.
- "Original Author" means the individual or entity who created the Work as set forth in the attribution file which accompanies the downloaded Work.
- "Term" means the period commencing on the date You initially download the Work and ending upon the expiration date (the "Expiration date") set forth in the attribution file which accompanies the downloaded Work, unless earlier terminated by Licensor pursuant to Section 7(a) below or extended pursuant to Section 8(b).
- "Work" means the copyrightable work of authorship offered under the terms of this License.
- "You" means an individual or entity exercising rights under this License who has not previously violated the terms of this License with respect to the Work, or who has received express permission from the Licensor to exercise rights under this License despite a previous violation.
- Fair Use Rights.
Nothing in this license is intended to reduce, limit, or restrict any rights arising from fair use, first sale or other limitations on the exclusive rights of the copyright owner under copyright law or other applicable laws.
- License Grant.
Subject to the terms and conditions of this License, Licensor hereby grants You a worldwide, free, non-exclusive license to download and view the Work on your computer or other digital video device, solely for personal, Educational Purposes during the Term. All rights not expressly granted by Licensor are hereby reserved.
The license granted in Section 3 above is expressly made subject to and limited by the following restrictions:
- You may not re-distribute, publicly display, or publicly perform (digitally or otherwise) the Work.
- You may not exercise any of the rights granted to You in Section 3 above in any manner that is for or directed toward commercial advantage or private monetary compensation.
- You may not edit, modify, copy, reproduce, or republish the Work.
- You may not exercise any of the rights granted to You in Section 3 above for any purpose other than an Educational Purpose.
- You may not create Derivative Works, nor incorporate the Work into a Collective Work.
- Representations, Warranties and Disclaimer.
UNLESS OTHERWISE MUTUALLY AGREED BY THE PARTIES IN WRITING, LICENSOR OFFERS THE WORK AS-IS AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND CONCERNING THE WORK, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTIBILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRINGEMENT, OR THE ABSENCE OF LATENT OR OTHER DEFECTS, ACCURACY, OR THE PRESENCE OF ABSENCE OF ERRORS, WHETHER OR NOT DISCOVERABLE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SUCH EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Limitation on Liability.
EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL LICENSOR BE LIABLE TO YOU ON ANY LEGAL THEORY FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THIS LICENSE OR THE USE OF THE WORK, EVEN IF LICENSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- This License and the rights granted hereunder will terminate automatically upon any breach by You of the terms of this License. Sections 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, and 8 will survive any termination of this License.
- Licensor reserves the right to release the Work under different license terms or to stop distributing the Work at any time; provided, however that any such election will not serve to withdraw this License (or any other license that has been, or is required to be, granted under the terms of this License), and this License will continue in full force and effect until the Expiration Date unless earlier terminated as stated above.
- Licensor may, in its sole discretion, extend the Expiration Date for the Work. You are encouraged to check back to the website for any such changes to the Expiration Date(s).
- If any provision of this License is invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, it shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder of the terms of this License, and without further action by the parties to this agreement, such provision shall be reformed to the minimum extent necessary to make such provision valid and enforceable.
- No term or provision of this License shall be deemed waived and no breach consented to unless such waiver or consent shall be in writing and signed by the party to be charged with such waiver or consent.
- This License constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the Work licensed here. There are no understandings, agreements, or representations with respect to the Work not specified here. Licensor shall not be bound by any additional provisions that may appear in any communication from You. This License may not be modified without the mutual written agreement of the Licensor and You.