How Google Saved a School looks at how the introduction of laptops at I.S. 339 helped make a significant change in the culture of learning for both students and teachers. After watching the video, discuss your answers to the following questions:
- Do you agree that, today, access to digital technology is as essential as oxygen?
- Is it the teachers, or the technology, that make school improvement possible?
- Are laptops in school are just another technology toy for teens?
- Can technology transform failing schools?
- Is it feasible for schools to constantly monitor kids' use of online technologies?
- Do you think use of monitoring software on school laptops is an unethical type of spying?