Connections: The Angle on Pool
Connections to the Common Core State Standards
High School: Geometry
- Experiment with transformations in the plane.
- G.CO.4. Develop definitions of rotations, reflections, and translations in terms of angles, circles, perpendicular lines, parallel lines, and line segments.
- Understand congruence in terms of rigid motions.
- G.CO.6. Use geometric descriptions of rigid motions to transform figures and to predict the effect of a given rigid motion on a given figure; given two figures, use the definition of congruence in terms of rigid motions to decide if they are congruent.
- Understand congruence and similarity using physical models, transparencies, or geometry software.
- 8.G.1. Verify experimentally the properties of rotations, reflections, and translations.
- Lines are taken to lines, and line segments to line segments of the same length.
- Angles are taken to angles of the same measure.