Discussion Questions: Transforming the Future of Flight
- In what ways would engineers like to improve today's airplanes? Why do they study fish or birds to help them design airplanes?
- If NASA's Morphing Project works, what advantages could result from it?
- Why does a project like this require that engineers and scientists work together?
- What are "smart materials"? How might they be useful for airplanes of the future?
- What is meant by "maximum achievement at minimal effort"? What is an example of a designed object or system in your home that helps you get "maximum achievement at minimal effort"?