Discussion Questions: Liquid Assets: Community Participation/Activism
- What can citizens do to help sustain their water resources?
- The environmental group in this video educates people through community meetings. What other modes do you think should be employed for effective communication?
- Should citizens be responsible for or should they cooperate in the management of water resources? Discuss with your class.
- “…everything that’s dropped on the ground is part of your watershed now.” This is a statement made by one of the participants in the community meeting. How do you think this changes the scope of activities aimed toward watershed management?
- Research other stream restoration attempts in the United States and discuss them in class.