Discussion Questions: Predicting Travel Time Using Line Graphs
- Why did Harry think that it would take him four hours to get to his grandmother's house? What factors did he not consider in his original analysis?
- What values are shown on the x-axis of Harry's graph, and what values are on the y-axis?
- What did the line on the graph look like when he was traveling very fast? What happened when Harry started traveling more slowly?
- How would you represent Harry's break time (in the card store and ice cream shop) on the graph?
- Can you think of something else that changes over time that you could represent using a similar graph?