Discussion Questions: Gene Cloning
- What does it mean to clone a gene or a cell?
- What are plasmids, where are they found, and what is their role in cloning?
- What are restriction enzymes, where are they found, and what is their role in cloning?
- Discuss an application for this cloning technique in human medicine.
- Although gene cloning is widely used in many areas for the benefit of humans, there are some risks and concerns about the impact of genetically modified organisms on the environment. Discuss this statement.