Discussion Questions: STEM Careers Middle School
- Tell students to draw a picture of a future scientist on a piece of paper and share their drawings with a partner.
- Create a master list on the board of what a future scientist looks like, what gender a future scientist is, and what the future scientist is doing.
- Discuss students' perceptions of what a future scientist looks like and does.
- Show the STEM Careers Middle School video clip.
- List the similarities and differences of the people in the video clip. Compare these to the master list of the future scientist on the board.